Kaba E-Plex 5000 Electronic Lock is a very special lock. It combines the best characteristics of both a a heavy duty mechanical lock and a modern, easy to use electronic lock.
Built on over 40 years of experience, the new E-Plex by Kaba combines the strength, simplicity and reliability of our industry leading Simplex locks with the enhanced security and convenience of electronic access control. The E-Plex 5000 is ideal for securing sensitive access points in multiple settings, especially locations with high user turnover. You’ll appreciate fully audited access control without the costs and problems of issuing, managing and collecting keys or magnetic cards. It’s never been easier to power up your access control.
Each site is assigned one Master level – the remaining 99 codes can be set to Manager, User, or Service levels. Service level codes can be programmed for access once, or unlimted entrance for a period of one to 24 hours – ideal for service personnel, meeting rooms, and rental space.
Easy to manage Users and locks can be controlled at the door or with optional, easy-to-use Microsoft Excel based software. The software provides manageable control as your facility’s number of users and access points grow. User additions and deletions are completed quickly Each access code is assigned one of five authority levels that specify who has access to various lock functions.
Simple to install, use and maintain
3000 access codes
Extensive audit trail
Programmable passage mode
Takes 4 regular AAA batteries
Installation requires no wiring through the door (Models with batteries located in exterior housing)
Optional easy-to-use Excel based software
Three-year warranty from lock activation date
ANSI/BHMA grade 1 compliant
Easy to rehand so you don't need to choose left or right
Will install on door thickness from 1 3/8 to 2 1/4 inches
Comes with free back up mechanical key and cylinder
Multiple Access Codes Easy to Manage Easy to Install Audit Capability
Flexible Three easy to set operation modes – combination (PIN) entry, passage, and lockout – give you the flexibility to control your facility’s entry requirements according to your security needs during the business day and beyond. Variety of key override formats fit existing master key systems – key-inlever, interchangeable and removable core options. Passage can be set on or off, or programmed to relock after a specified period.
User-friendly Audio and visual indicators can be set to notify users when access is granted or denied. Unique, yet convenient pushbutton design deters code stealing over traditional telephone style keypads. Lock features ADA-compliant levers.
Customizable user parameters User access codes can be set from four to eight digits. The time interval between combination entry and relock is variable from two to 20 seconds. The antitamper feature disables the lock after multiple invalid combination entries – set for between three to nine attempts and up to 90 seconds.
Easy to maintain Durable heavy-duty construction requires minimal maintenance. Weatherized housings are tested to operate in hot or cold climates. Battery options give you the choice of location in exterior or interior housing. Exterior housing location requires no additional wiring through the door, and the interior design makes multiple door battery replacement simple. Visual indicators alert you when battery is low.
Three-year warranty. Built-in warranty counter begins on date of lock activation.
Easy to install The lock ships ready for installation on the door. It can be easily setup and programmed off the door, prior to installation – especially useful when installing multiple locks. The fully contained housings install easily on wood or metal doors and provide a quick and simple retrofit to any standard 161 cylindrical door prep. A non-handed design easily accommodates both left - and righthand doors. No gaskets required for outdoor use.
Optional E-Plex advanced software. Easy-to-use point & click Microsoft Excel based software requires no specialized knowledge to operate. Software manages up to 300 enrolled access codes per door and up to 10,000 doors per site. Manage multiple sites with one software package.
Please note: this new lock comes with a free Kaba 90 keyway for key backup. If you need more than the 2 keys it comes with you may have difficulty having more keys cut in the future because the Kaba 90 keyway in is not a common type. For more common type keyways that you can order with this lock for an additional fee, please see the options below. If you think this may be an issue please give us a call before ordering.
Warranty: Three-year warranty from date of installation; built-in warranty counter in lock memory
- Access Control: Electronic pushbutton lock – eliminates problems and costs associated with issuing, controlling and collecting keys and cards
- Locking Device: Cylindrical latch with 3 hour UL/ULC fire rating
- Number of Codes: 3,000 access codes per door; over 100 million possible code combinations
- Audit Trail: The most recent 30,000 lock events are recorded in memory including use of the mechanical key override
- Programming: Locks are programmed via E-Plex Advanced Access Control Software (not included - see options below) - provides easy management of doors and users
- Handing: Non-handed, pre-assembled for left hand door installations - easily changed in the field
- Key Override: Key-in-lever cylinders, small format interchangeable cores, large format removable cores
- Scheduling: Access schedules Up to 16 different access schedules may be programmed into lock
- Holiday / Vacation Up to 32 different holiday / vacation blocks may be programmed into lock
- Passage Options: First manager in (or privileged user) Automatically according to access schedules
Manually toggled on / off at lock
- Authority Levels: Six different levels allow you to control who has access to specific lock functions, includes: Service codes – programmed for one time access or “come and go” access for 1 to 24 hours
- Guest management – access for temporary users expiring from 1 to 365 days. The codes will evaporate at a pre determined date. A very useful feature!
- User Parameters: Code length Adjustable to accept 4 to 8 digits
- Anti-tamper lockout Adjustable from 3 to 9 invalid attempts with an adjustable period of 0 to 90 seconds
- Re-lock time Adjustable from 2 to 20 seconds
- Battery Operation: Batteries located in interior housing cover; offers quick and easy battery replacements for institutions (Four AA Alkaline batteries provide up to 140,000 cycles) Lock data is maintained if batteries fail
Ease of Installation: LectroBolt (patent pending) eliminates wiring to or through the door - no risk of pinched wires
- Construction: Extra heavy-duty, cylindrical lockset, solid cast housings, solid cast levers, cylindrical drive wear tested for extensive use in indoor and outdoor applications
- Numeric Keypad: Vandal resistant, solid metal pushbuttons Door Handing: Non-handed, pre-assembled for left-hand door installations – easily changed in the field
- Backsets: 2 3/4" (70 mm), 2 3/8" (60 mm)
- Latch: 1/2" (13 mm) latch, 3/4" (19 mm) latch (optional)
- Minimum Stile 5" (127 mm)
- Weight: 8 lbs. (3.63 kg)
- Key Override: Universal Key-In- Includes Kaba 1599 6-pin cylinder (prepped to Kaba 90 or Schlage C keyway, keyed different) and tail pieces
- Lever Cylinders for compatibility with: Abloy 5277, Abloy 5477, Arrow C 100, ASSA 65611, ASSA 65691, Corbin Russwin 2000-03, Kaba 1539, Kaba 1599, Kaba Gemini 4730, Kaba Peaks 1099, Marks, Medeco 20W200H1, Sargent 10 Line, Schlage 23-001, Schlage Primus 20-760
- Australian: Kaba experT 107K5 & Boyd KC286
- European: Quattro S/Expert & AP2 (5 and 6-pin)
- Interchangeable Cores: Small format Best and equivalents (6 or 7-pin length)
- Removable Cores: Large format ASSA, Medeco, Yale (5 or 6-pin), Corbin Russwin, Schlage and Sargent
- Ease of Installation: LectroBolt (patent pending) eliminates wiring to or through the door - no risk of pinched wires
- Door Preparation: Easily installs on wood or metal doors.
- ASA 161 door preparation with additional through bore holes
- Door Thickness: 13/8" (35 mm) to 2 1/4" (57 mm).
- Pre-assembled to accommodate doors 1 5/8" (41 mm) to 2" (50 mm)
- Items Supplied Include: Lock assembly, installation manual, template, quick reference guide and required hardware
- Additional items - Universal Kaba 1599 6-pin cylinder with tailpiece, two nickel silver keys supplied With key-in-Lever Cylinder model Only
- Certification and Testing: Accessibility Standard:Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Durability: ANSI/BHMA A156.25, Grade 1 Certification
- Fire Rating: Three-hour UL/ULC fire door rating for “A” labeled doors
- Environmental: Indoor/Outdoor Approved
- Front Housing: -31º F (-35º C) to + 151º F (66º C)
- Rear Housing: -31º F (-35º C) to + 130º F (55º C)